- Types of Visa:
- Immigrant Visas - An immigrant visa is required by anyone seeking to take up indefinite or permanent residence in the United States. Upon entry into the United States, an immigrant visa holder is processed for a Permanent Resident Card (PRC) commonly known as a green card.
- Non-Immigrant Visas -A Nonimmigrant visa is required by anyone seeking temporary admission into the United States who is not eligible to travel visa free under the Visa Waiver Program , or is exempt from the visa requirement.
- How to apply for visa?
- An immigrant visa is required of anyone who wishes to enter the United States to reside there permanently, whether or not that person plans to seek employment in the United States. U.S. immigration law provides for the issuance of immigrant visas in four general categories: immediate relative, family based, employment based, and the Diversity Immigrant Visa Program, known as the "gree n card" lottery.
- Embassy of Afghanistan in Islamabad
- Consulate General of Afganistan, Peshawar
- Consulate General of Afghanistan, Quetta